We believe children learn best when their culture, community, traditions and environment are used as the vessel to transmit knowledge.
Early Education Ethiopia is grounded in applied research to inform practice, policy and advocacy. As such, the objective for Project Alpha is designed to engage in deep program study, gather data, apply and integrate into practice.
Early Childhood Education Ethiopia is building the first community preschool in Debre Tabor, Ethiopia. Located in South Gondar, Debre Tabor, has an approximate population of 88,000 people of which represent children under 8 years old.
- Conferences and Seminars
- Teacher and Parent Training
- Program and Policy Advisory
Children enter this world seeking love, comfort, understanding, and empathy. They hope and expect that when they cry, their parents or caregivers will feel their distress and respond to their needs. Babies are profoundly attuned to this reciprocal relationship, they...
Why Support ECEE Projects?
- More than 60% of preschool children in Ethiopia do not have access to an early childhood education program
- Our work is focused in rural Ethiopia where the need is the highest
- 41.3% of preschool children fall in the severe category under the Global Hidden Hunger Index
- Existing early learning centers are environmentally compromised
- ECEE builds high-quality early learning programs for all children with a whole-child approach
- Our approach is comprehensive, embraces indigenous education systems, using play as a curriculum driver while embedding the tenets of SEL